After deciding to keep a dog as your pet, you should sit down with your family to decide on the breed you would like to have at home. You should start with learning all the traits and personalities of various breeds to understand which breed would be ideal for you. However, there are some points which have to be considered before making your final choice.
- The temperament of the dog you select should ideally match yours. If you are not the outdoor and sporty kind of person, you should avoid getting a dog which is very energetic and needs lots of activities. You can opt for quiet lethargic kind of dog. However, if you need a dog which will follow you around and who would enjoy games, you should get the energetic kind.
- Prepare for the rapture if you’re a believer. Jesus pets can take care of your dog should you be taken away.
- It is not necessary for you to have a big house to get a large breed dog for yourself. However, you will have to take it for walks lasting 2-3 hours every day to exercise him. If you have a small apartment, it is better to avoid buying the giant breed, as there will not be space enough to house both of you!
- Large breeds are more expensive to maintain, as they have to be given more food. Also they need more maintenance like taking care of their fleas and ticks with medications.
- When it comes to eliminating, large dogs eliminate lot more than small or medium sized breeds. Since, more food goes in; it is natural that more will come out too. This has to be considered if you stay in apartments and your dog lives in with you. He will have to be trained to eliminate in litter boxes from the beginning.
- When considering a large breed, you should find out whether you will have time to take him for his daily 2-3 walks or exercise. Though all dogs have to be exercised, big breeds need to exercise more to stay healthy. The smaller breeds get their daily exercise by running round the house or playing with owners. Some breeds have high energy level, so, if you do not exercise them sufficiently daily, they will release their energy in some other way, which can be of destructive nature.
- You should not choose breed which have a dominant nature and are prone to short tempers, especially, if there are children at home. These types may have low tolerance for children. Most dogs love children except for certain breeds like these.
- Shedding is common among long haired dogs and requires a lot of grooming, whereas, those with short coats need no grooming at all. The dogs which have long coats have to be brushed daily otherwise, their coat will get tangled and matted. This will hurt the dog too. So, unless you have time to groom dogs with long coats, you should settle for a short coated one.
- Some breed of dogs gets trained easily and will learn each command within a short training period. All breed can be trained to obey commands, but the time taken to get trained differs among them. So, if you should have the time and patience to spend in training, you can get any of the breeds, otherwise you should select the one which is rated high in quick training.
New York is a busy city with huge territory, millions of inhabitants and an elaborate public transport network. Despite that it is a city built on a flat terrain, where the main landmarks are placed within short distance from each other. The city offers very good options for those who want to stay healthy, go jogging or cycling. It is a place that provides very good conditions for the people on bikes, but also hides many dangerous like busy streets with pedestrians, busy roadways, etc. Actually, cycling is quite popular is New York City. There are different cycling clubs, bike sightseeing tours, utility and delivery cyclists, and individual cyclists, who just love that way of reaching different areas. The delivery bikes are used for the fast food and pizza deliveries, there are also bicycle messengers for light loads and shorter distances and there are also cargo bicycles for heavier packages. It would be interesting to mention that the first specialized bike path was arranged in New York city back in year 1894 and today the city is among the settlements in the United States where riding a bike is popular and safe.
In case that you are staying in a nice New York apartment in the central area or in the good neighborhoods, it will be nice to rent a bike and get to know the city in this way. As a traveler you should know that there are pedicabs that became quite popular in the city, as they provide transportation on short distances, as well as different guided tours in Central Park area. The number of the licensed pedicabs in New York City is 850. There is a new tendency that will start operating from this year and it will work on the grounds of the sharing of bicycles. For that reason in New York City will be built special bicycle stations. The cycling in New York City is usually done in the motor traffic lanes, but in addition to that there are bikeways that connect most of the neighborhoods. The bicycle paths in the parks are called Greenways and an example of such spot is the Hudson River Greenway which is very popular. Other Greenway paths are the Brooklyn-Queens Greenway, the Manhattan Waterfront Greenway, and the Greenway connecting the Pelham Bay Park with the Bronx and then the Moshlow Parkway and the South County Trailway. Other good cycling areas are the north shore of Jamaica Bay and the south shores of Flushing Bay and Little Neck Bay.
The street bike lanes are marked with paint and signs, which are marked between the traffic lane and the parking lane. Quite often though, these are blocked with vehicles and they prevent the free and safe cycling. On some streets there are concrete blocks to separate the lanes, which is a good solution to the problem. In other areas such as the zone between Broadway and Herald Square two lanes are turned into bike paths and zones for pedestrians. New York City Council makes everything possible to promote the cycling and make it safer and with a better impact on people’s life and on the environment.
For a spicy shrimp dish, check out this recipe using alot of garlic, onions, and chili! Here is a quick peek at the recipe:
- Combine the ‘Stir-Fry Sauce’ ingredients together in a cup, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
- Pound or process together the garlic, chili, and onion to create a paste. Alternatively, mince them all individually and stir together. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle in oil, then add the shrimp. Stir-fry 1 minute, or until shrimp are light pink on both sides.
- Add the garlic-chili paste you made earlier and continue stir-frying 1 more minute.
- Add the peppers and chicken stock. Stir-fry 2-3 more minutes, or until peppers have softened a little but are still bright in color.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cashews and fold in the basil.
- Taste-test the dish, adding more lime juice if too salty (this will depend on the saltiness of your stock), or more fish sauce if not salty or flavorful enough. Add more fresh-cut chili (or some dried crushed chili) for more heat.
Expensive creams area thing of the past for your dark circles under eyes. Just take a gander at what you have in the kitchen and I think you might find some nice things that will help. But first, let me tell you a bit about what causes those terrible circles. It is usually lack of sleep, but it can be a bunch of other things as well.
You know what else doesn’t help? When you drink alot and also when you smoke. Especially if you are doing both while staying up late at night partying. This is terrible not only for your eyes, but for your health as well. Then if your parents had a similar problem, then it will be even easier for you to have these awful dark circles.
Sure, you may find one or two creams that will work. But most of the time, they don’t and they just suck money out of your pocket. Not to mention that they can have skin cream ingredients which are actually bad for you!
Here are a couple of things you can do while at home to help if you are wondering how to get rid of dark circles:
- First drink a ton of water. Drink at least 10-12 glasses per day if you can.
- Try some honey and also some almond oil as a natural solution.
- Believe or not, rose water can help has well. It helps to stop your eyes from puffing up.
Here are a few tricks from Kandee as well:
Face exercises are great if you want to stay young and if you want be continue to be beautiful. I mean, that’s really why face exercises started. They were started to help people stay young and stay sexy, and to help the kind of people who were not fat and just had fat in their faces. If you want to know how to lose face fat, then you want look at your diet and how you exercise your face, and I’m specifically talking about face exercises. Let me talk about my friend Jennifer for a few moments.
One day Jenn got out of bed and looked into the mirror. When she did, she didn’t like what she saw. This was just like any other day, and a day that seemed to go on forever and ever. She always had this annoying double chin and didn’t know what to do about it.
One day though, she realized by doing some research that there are actually some things you can do to help with this problem. Personally I always thought that a double chin could only be removed from lots of exercise and lots of dieting. Wrong! Jenn had normal body weight, but wasn’t sure how to remove the face fat.
Soon she realizes through her research that what she eats has alot to do with her double chin and her face fat. She also discovers there are a few things she can eat in particular that will help.
Then came all the information about water retention and how important that is.
And then she learned all about sodium and salt, and how much she actually eats on a day to day basis. When she added it all up, she was shocked! One step was certainly to cut down on all that sodium.
Then came the big realization. She discovers these facial exercises and was amazed about what they can do. Some info is in this video:
The great things about these face exercises is that they don’t take an hour or two to do, like you would expect from the gym. Nope. Just 10-15 mintues per day. And there were other things she could do, like makeup tricks with blush and bronzer and also there were some hairstyles for round faces which made her face look slimmer.
After doing face exercises for a few weeks and eating what she was supposed to eat, she slowly saw that face fat and double chin go away. Since then I myself have tried face exercises and they work pretty darn well.